Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Pancakes, Fruit and Veg!

In the past few months I have been trying out some new recipes and have found quite a few that I enjoy on a regular basis either taken from actual recipes or made up myself. I have been trying to find quick and healthy meals that I can make in advance and keep in the fridge/freezer.
So far I have tried these recipes….

Butternut Squash, Lentil and spinach soup!
This one I kind of made up as I went, I had butternut squash that I had to use and some red lentils and I added some spinach for a bit of colour. I also had onion, pepper and salt and a bit of water just to thin it out. It was easy to make a batch and then take to work for dinner!


Buckwheat and banana pancakes!
These have become a really easy regular that I have probably 2-4 times a week and I just change up the toppings. I can usually make these in about 10-15 minutes, (including washing up!).  I also make the batter and keep it in the fridge so that the pancakes are always fresh and not just heated up. Toppings I use have been cranberries, almonds, cashews, nut butters, cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice, banana, kiwi, pear and apple. All natural sugars in this one too which is a bonus!

 
Porridge!
This is what I will have if I don’t have buckwheat pancakes. I add oats, almond milk, cacao powder and banana together until it is creamy and then top with any of the above-mentioned toppings! Very quick and easy to make and I can have it made in about 10-15 minutes as well (including washing up too!)


Zucchini Noodles
These are also another staple, a quick lunch or dinner. Zucchini noodles with capsicum, tomatoes, onion and pesto! Sometimes I add carrot but I prefer it without.





Lazy breakfast!
When I want eggs and am being lazy…..the following happens…. Scrambled eggs in a mug yes, I sink so low as too make eggs in the microwave! My add ins are usually spinach leaves, tomato and cheese. I will also have some fruit, an orange/apple/kiwi etc as well as a tea gotta fit in with the brits somehow! haha



Snacks!

Just your usual carrots cucumber and hommus with some biscuits….and chai tea. The we have fruit salad! Yummy yummy!




Lazy Dinner!

Lazy dinners for me mean no washing up, an example of one is below. Cheese and tomato on rye with cucumber and garlic bread. It was very nice cheese! I have found cheese to be very cheap over here compared to back home.


Not so lazy Breakfast, Lunch or dinner!

This is always a filling meal when I have this! Eggs on toast with avo, tomato, sauted onions and a pine nut pesto pasta salad from Marks and Spencer and then steamed broccoli with side of carrot and orange juice. I must admit it was too much as I didn't eat the broccoli and ended up taking it to work.


All in all I've tried some good meals and am trying to add to it! I would love any suggestions of quick and easy healthy meals and snack :) But for now goodbye or Ta-rah! as some of the english would say! 

3 comments:

  1. You are turning into quite the chef! Loving the healthy meals - I never think to make pancakes - I'm more of a savoury (egg) snack kind of person :-)

    Hmm. My meals tend to be muesli with fruit & yogurt for breaky; Lunch steamed veg with chicken or eggs although I have started making home made baked beans - will blog the recipe for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked beans!! yessss! haha My housemate just said no cos they will make me "gassy" :P hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they didn't make me gassy! you'll have to try them out for yourselves LOL!

      Delete