Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Musicians, Music and Me

Today was an interesting day! My housemate L and I went on a bit of an adventure. We had to go and get her bag repaired and ended up having to travel about 1.5 hours to find somewhere that would repair it for her. We took the tube and the overground and stopped briefly at a station to catch a connecting train and I found Keep Cups!! I was so excited because I left mine back home and have been thinking about getting a similar sort of cup from Starbucks or somewhere so I can take tea to work. It was nice to find something from Australia over here in a non-touristy area too.



So we ended up finding the shop and they took her bag with no problems whatsoever! We then had to make our way to Tottenham Court Rd as she needed a mute for her violin and I needed to buy some more picks for my guitar....as L has told me I am a true guitar player now as the first thing I say whenever I start to practice is I've lost another one! so I now have a bit of a stash just in case I lose anymore! I hope I don't though!

I also picked up some sheet music at the same shop, it is a compilation of the best of David Bowie and I can't wait to start being able to play some of his songs. I'm going through a bit of a Bowie phase and I also picked up a documentary about him as well as a few other things.



While we were in TCR I decided to see if any of the music and guitar shops were hiring as I am currently really not enjoying my job and would prefer daytime hours as opposed to evening/nighttime hours. Unfortunately most of them don't have any vacancies as of yet but they said to send my resume in and something might pop up in the new year when their Christmas casuals leave, so I am hoping it does!

We left the TCR music shops and headed to the tube, Along the way we decided to stop in a this shop that L has been telling me about for ages! It is a shop that sells music, DVDs, books and gift items and they are really cheap. It was massive! 3 floors! I ended up coming out with quite a lot of things.......

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and David Bowie posters to hang on my walls.



Documentary/Biography movies ....

Becoming David Bowie
Super Duper Alice Cooper - welcome to his nightmare
The man who fell to earth
Eight days a week the touring years, The band you know the story you don't
The rolling Stones - Stones in Exile.



The Soundtrack to The Man Who Fell To Earth


I decided I needed to stop there as that would be more then plenty enough to keep me busy until next year! We escaped and took the bus home, made dinner and then collapsed in a heap from our long day. I was definitely tired and ready for bed!


To Add to my collection of musicians I am interesting in learning about I bought some books off Amazon a few weeks ago as well....

Hero: David Bowie (By Lesley-Ann Jones)
Led Zeppelin - When Gods Walked The Earth (By Mick Wall)
Jimi Hendrix - The Man, The Magic, The Truth (By Sharon Lawrence)



I have evidently been filling my spare time with reading and watching Music legends as well as practicing guitar. I want to keep reading and learning about many more musicians and fill my room with books, posters, movies, music all related to them. Learning what makes their music theirs while figuring out what my own style is while I am learning is going to be a fun long journey and I wish to pursue this as much as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your musical education! The boss will be very impressed with your choices!! You'll have to try some blues at some point too :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving it too! Sure thing! Any recommendations on who to begin with!? haha there are just so many people on my list of musicians to learn about!

      Delete